Dec 6, 2014

Summary of my week of cafe hopping

#1 Selfish Gene Cafe


Above pictured: Eggs Royale, Banana Cake

I think the best part about this place was that it wasn't too crowded. We went on a Monday afternoon though, so the situation might not be the same on weekends. I used to really dislike banana cakes but recently I'm starting to like it! The combination with peanut butter was quite good; not too rich, but not too bland.




#2 The Department of Caffeine


Above pictured: Lobster BLT, Valrhona Chocolate Waffles with Butterscotch Ice-cream

Second time at this place, and I have to say I was more impressed the first time. Having had so many different ice cream waffles this year, I can say I have become rather picky when it comes to my waffles... And I did not like the berry sauce they used over their chocolate waffles at all. As for the burger, the lobster meat was really tasty but the sauce they used was wayyyyy too sour.




#3 Cake Spade


Finally got to try flavours I truly believe in (CHOCOLATE THAT'S YOU and lemon you're so fine too) and oh my gosh I just want to have cakes as dessert after every single meal....... Great place to chat even though the seats are really limited. The lemon was really refreshing but not too sour. Currently my favourite!




#4 Lola's Cafe


Above pictured: Nacho Cheese Fries, Honey Paprika Crispy Wings, Lemon Meringue Tart, Hot Chocolate

It's quite incredible how this cafe is situated in a neighbourhood area and yet the queue is always so long and they always run out of food by the time we get there. We did enjoy the famous wings and their cheese fries very much though. I would prefer thicker fries but to make up for that, they have amazing cheese! The tart was, however, too sour for my liking. I shall stick to lemon cakes instead of tarts from now on.




#5 Ice Edge Cafe


... Not one of the best I've eaten (told you I'm picky), but I guess they have quite a nice ambiance for people to sit around and catch up! I do like it when they put in effort to decorate my waffles though.




#6 Baker & Cook


The lemon drizzle cake has officially turned me into a lemon flavoured pastries lover. Not a fan of coconut so I cannot comment about the chocolate cake... I will certainly be back to try the other things on their menu!



*          *          *


Now that I have completed my food diary entry, I feel so sinful for having so much food in just the past one week... Post-finals life has been really good and I wish time will just stop here :"( Okay tbh other than eating expensive and instagrammable food I've just been holing myself in my bedroom watching Korean dramas so I don't really have much of a life I guess. BUT it is still better than cramming a million shit into my tiny brain which is no longer functioning at full capacity after my 8 months' break from studying.

I so regret not at least reading something useful during those 8 months :"(

Off-topic ending but ok sayonara.

No comments: