Jan 10, 2015

Give and Take?

I'm at a point in my life where I am really happy about how things have turned out - what I've taken up, what I'm doing, what I'm going to have the chance to do. I was told to make my university life as colourful as possible, and that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Yet with all these events I find myself letting go of another important part of my life. This was definitely not intentional, but it feels somewhat necessary.

It kills me when I think about how it is impossible to predict the future. The unpredictability of the many possibilities and consequences of what we do at the present may be what makes life interesting, but it is also why I stay up late at night thinking about the things that I cannot set right. I cannot stop thinking about whether this is right, or that I will just regret it for the rest of my life.

It was never about you. You have always been The One. But right from the very start, we already knew that we were just the right people who met at the wrong time.

And that is something I will regret for the rest of my life.

No comments: